|French Toast Sticks||
Recipe Type: breakfast
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Use any fresh fruit in season that you and your munchkins like, you cant go wrong with fresh fruit.
- 1 cup milk (any kind of milk will work)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups brioche, french or sandwich bread (cut into 2 inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 16 strawberries, stems removed
- 2 bananas, sliced into 1/2 inch coins
- 8 wooden skewers
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, honey and cinnamon.
- Dip the bread cubes in the milk mixture to coat each side.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook the bread for 1 1/2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Skewer the french toast cubes, strawberries and bananas and serve with maple syrup for dipping.
Use your favorite syrup, jam, jelly or honey as the dipping sauce